Saturday, October 25, 2008

Book News



I have a new book out! The book came about mainly because my out-of-print book, International Harvester Photographic History has become an expensive item used. Plus I wrote WAY too much text for the original book—something like 40,000 words more than the word count specified by the publisher. It's a great text, and the few copies of the book available are selling for between $40 and $100.

So I have taken that admittedly overdone text and combined it with some great archival photographs as well as a few new ones to create The Farmall Dynasty. The book is an all-new design and layout, and it now includes the complete history of Farmall from after the Case-IH merger to today. I also updated the sidebars, wrote new leads, and edited the entire book.

Plus I'm the publisher, which is an exciting change after so many years working as an author and editor. Fifteen books sold in the first few days and I can hardly sit still I'm so charged up.

Purchase the book.

(Hint: A case of 50 of them would make a unique coffee table).

No comments: