Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Web Galleries

So I'm using SmugMug to allow people to buy prints of my images. I've had a lot of requests for this over the years, and when I discovered the service (which is very slick), I gave it a shot.

I have a few SmugMug galleries up right now. One is a few photos from my Slovenia adventure last fall, two others are old farm tractor photos, and one is a gallery of photographs for my upcoming book, Motorcycle Dream Garages.

The Dream Garages gallery has gone crazy. It had 5,000 hits in the first few weeks, which I thought was crazy. I posted a link to the gallery on two of my favorite Web sites, AdvRider (for motorcycle adventure nuts) and Garage Journal (for people into garages). I've had a few responses to those posts, and the numbers have gone stratospheric.

But the number of hits on the photo site is completely out-of-control. The site more than 40,000 hits in the last 24 hours, and shot up to more than 100,000 hits in the first week.

What gives????

No comments: